Railroad Forums 

• Weehawken, NJ trolley trestle

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#983181  by gsmith36tow

In my earliest memories (1930's), I recall seeing, from the north side of the DL&W passenger trains coming out of a tunnel into Hoboken, trolleys going up and down a very steep trestle that took them from Hudson-riverside up to the top of the Palisades. This might have been discontinued during WW II and the steel used for needed scrap, for it was all gone after the war. Try as I might, I can find not only no pictures of this operation, but no mention of it either online. (However, there ARE pictures of trolleys using a multiple switchback track up the same escarpment in that area.} Does anyone have info/pics of that trestle?