Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by dorian cro

OK, so I know that VIA Rail possesses mainly 2 types of cars to operate the system, LRC and HEP cars in their fleet.
My question is about Windsor - London - Toronto - Windsor corridor. I know that VIA runs trains 70, 72, 76 and 78 from Windsor. Anybody know what types of cars usually operates on mentioned trains? Thanks.

and another small thing I would like to know about this corridor, but it's not seriously necceserry. Are all cars on that corridor daily operate only on this route (Windsor-Toronto-Windsor) or they maybe can end up on Montreal-Toronto route, for example ?
  by Ken V

The only Toronto-Windsor trains that regularly use HEP cars are 70 and 75. The other trains are LRC equipped. These cars are not isolated to just one segment and go everywhere on the Windsor-Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal routes. HEP cars normally aren't used on the Montreal-Quebec City route. The third type of car used in the corridor is the Renaissance fleet which is limited to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City routes in corridor service.
  by dorian cro

Ken V wrote:The only Toronto-Windsor trains that regularly use HEP cars are 70 and 75. The other trains are LRC equipped. These cars are not isolated to just one segment and go everywhere on the Windsor-Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal routes. HEP cars normally aren't used on the Montreal-Quebec City route. The third type of car used in the corridor is the Renaissance fleet which is limited to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City routes in corridor service.
Thanks a lot, Ken :)