Railroad Forums 

• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1487145  by ut-1

UT-1 heads down Utica's Schuyler Street the morning of Sept 25th
Attachments:
IMG_7922 (2)_Resized_900_by_647.jpg
IMG_7922 (2)_Resized_900_by_647.jpg (152.34 KiB) Viewed 5443 times
 #1487206  by DH7409

ricky wrote:i dont know if true or not i heard that the line was damage by recent flooding? if it is where?
I heard at MP209, 218, and possibly around 219.
 #1488219  by milkman

Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
 #1488545  by ricky

milkman wrote:Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
i wish i knew but if they are going to have rail service their someone better move that big dumpter from kerry out of the way?
 #1488632  by milkman

ricky wrote:
milkman wrote:Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
i wish i knew but if they are going to have rail service their someone better move that big dumpter from kerry out of the way?
They're not putting in a railroad siding, I went by there yesterday and saw them working on the roof.Wishful thinking on my part.
 #1488805  by ricky

well he we go again look like we the tax payers will be paying for these washouts again i think the railroad company should pay for these washouts not us the taxpayers