Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1374192  by DutchRailnut

that breakneck speed is governed by Freight train rules, but at max speed of 30 mph due to compromise coupler. (SI17E)
 #1374271  by DutchRailnut

all MN EMU's have full freight style braking when being towed, LIRR cars do not have that feature, just emergency brakes.
 #1374359  by srock1028

Amtrak train 49 experienced mechanical problems on track 1 at CP 19 last night (3/7). Engine 709's pistons were on the ground inside the engine room. HTS-6 rescued the equipment a few hours later and towed it into Harmon Yard. Amtrak sent engines to retrieve the equipment and bring it to Albany.
 #1374858  by gregorygrice

Amtrak Extra 615 heads east up the Northeast Corridor/New Haven Line with 4 Ex-NJT P40DC's in tow for Shore Line East. My plan was to chase all the way to New Haven Yard, but it was slightly tardy and being that I had work the same day, I had to settle with two spots. Because this is now SLE equipment, I'd thought I'd post here.

https://youtu.be/BZ6fBTUpQlk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1378903  by gregorygrice

Ridgefielder wrote:Which CSX local services Tulnoy Lumber and the cold storage warehouse in Mt. Vernon, and where is it based out of?
B750 out of Oak Point. Everything on Metro North except for customers East of Bridgeport are served by B750
 #1383099  by Jeff Smith

Reported in "Unofficial MNRR" group: 111 pulling a Maxi north from Harmon to Poughkeepsie. Would that be considered unusual? I would think that would be a p32 Gennie under normal circumstances.