Railroad Forums 

• UNDERNEATH THE I80 BRIDGE

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#210953  by ALCOGG1

What are they doing under the Interstate 80 trestle when you are exiting on the easbound side to get on to Saddle River Road in Saddle Brook. Everytime I get off the highway in the morning it seems the SQ has some outside company working on freight cars underneath the highway. Are they repairing cars. modifying them or both?

#211083  by cjvrr

That is probably being used as a RIP (Repair In Place) track. Good location out of the weather somewhat. Roadway access directly adjacent to the tracks too.

From what I understand some of the cars being used in the construction debris service are in pretty poor condition and need repairs frequently.