Railroad Forums 

• TXPF Presidio/Ojinaga RR Bridge Question

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#511255  by KP

Hi everyone. I am an archaeologist doing some historic research on the Presidio/Ojinaga RR bridge. I have checked out a couple old posts on this forum and also books newspapers etc, but I am not a RR person so I am not very familiar with ther terminology. Is there anyone out there who can give me a 101 on describing the Presidio Bridge? I feel kinda clueless about describing the deck and gauge and type of bridge. Perhaps you know of a website or book that can help?

Thanks so much!

#511297  by Otto Vondrak

Welcome aboard.

This is an excellent book that just came out that describes the design and development of railroad bridges.

"North American Railroad Bridges" by Brian Solomon.

http://www.amazon.com/North-American-Ra ... 0760325278

-otto-