• Trains and operations in Browns Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Yyeeeaaahh I don’t think they’re coming down tonight. A lot of the trains going through South Amboy are also having PTC failures now.

It’s been one of those days… AGAIN.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 is calling Coast Line but I haven’t heard Coast Like reply. Guess they’ll try to fly down there real quick?
  by Bracdude181

Yup they are in Red Bank right now.
  by MHKProductions

Ok, that's good. will they still leave tonight for browns?
  by Bracdude181

No clue. their shift ends soon…
  by Bracdude181

Considering how long it was I’m gonna guess that they just waited until transit got rid of that restriction thing on their PTC system. It was causing a lot of trains to have issues
  by MHKProductions

I feel bad for the crew they had to wait 3-4 hours!
  by Bracdude181

Maybe but at least they got paid for those extra 3-4 hours lol.
  by Bracdude181

Not at the moment but considering it’s 9:20 PM they probably won’t make Brown’s if they haven’t started heading back already. Might sit there overnight or SA 22 could come get it
  by AceMacSD

MHKProductions wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:43 pm I feel bad for the crew they had to wait 3-4 hours!
We're on the clock, so we'll wait all night if we'd have to.
  by MHKProductions

Decided to see OI-16 today (At Essay interlocking 6:47PM) I noticed they had quite a bit of tank cars not sure what that's all about. I'm unsure of car count but I think it's between 30-40 cars. I also drove by Port Newark today, and I saw CSX 8886 one of the few of its kind remaining in service on CSX I love to see things like that, after I prefer EMD.