Railroad Forums 

• Trains and operations in Browns Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1598495  by Bracdude181

@pdtrains It’s funny you should ask, I’ve also been wondering what power we will get. I’ve gotten mixed responses to whoever I ask. I have heard BDRV 1856 (currently in Ringoes) will be Freeholds power. Unsure about the Southern. I’ve heard that line might get C&D 2006. (EEWW)

Ringoes has five engines right now. BDRV 752, C&D 2006, and BRW 1202 are the ones I know of currently sitting there.

What is this engine from MDDE you speak of?
 #1598581  by Bracdude181

Browns Yard has had a lot of track repairs done lately…

Also, be on the lookout for a blue SW1500 or MP15 coming into the yard soon. This engine came into Oak Island this afternoon and one of my sources claim it’s for CMC Steel. I could make out what appears to be the CMC Steel logo on the engine when the livestream camera at Bergenfield caught it.
 #1599927  by Bracdude181

There’s a few things of internet en route to Browns at the moment. Unsure about arrival times.

Chesapeake and Delaware 1888 along with one caboose. Caboose is for Freehold. Unsure about where the engine is going.

Another new switcher for CMC Steel. It arrived in Oak Island yesterday. They might bring that in this weekend?
 #1600877  by Bracdude181

Reminder

Tomorrow should be the final Conrail SA31 to Freehold.

Thursday should be the final SA31 on the Southern. That might depend on crew availability though.

This will almost certainly be your last chance to see Conrail power on this line.

The takeover is expected to occur on July 1st, with hi-rail inspections and/or crew certification runs starting a few days later.
 #1600937  by planespotting

Thank you for the heads up. I'm still unclear where they will interchange the cars for Jamesburg and Freehold (ie, Freehold Industrial Track). Will the new operator interchange at the Jamesburg wye or will they run all the way up past Helmetta and Spotswood to Browns Yard to pickup and drop-off their cars?
 #1600939  by CR7876

planespotting wrote:Thank you for the heads up. I'm still unclear where they will interchange the cars for Jamesburg and Freehold (ie, Freehold Industrial Track). Will the new operator interchange at the Jamesburg wye or will they run all the way up past Helmetta and Spotswood to Browns Yard to pickup and drop-off their cars?
Jamesburg Wye
 #1600970  by Bracdude181

SA31 is working Prestone. They tried to do a flying switch since they don’t have a shoving platform car. Car stopped on the switch and now 4405 is stuck on Prestones siding.

Edit: They were able to move the car and will be leaving shortly.