Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by GIBA

I'm from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. This is my train plan trip: leaving Toronto in the morning than going to Kingston, ON and staying for 2 nights there. After Kingston, Ottawa - one more stopover for 2 nights. Finally, arriving in Montreal. Which ticket I should buy for the savest way to carry out this train plan trip. Thank you.
  by marquisofmississauga

The best fare available is through VIA's "multi-city" function. Select that here:

http://reservia.viarail.ca/tsi/tsiresul ... rom=iframe

Click "multi-city" and enter your three segments. The Supersaver or, in some cases, the Special fare is the best. I looked at some August dates at random and the best fare for the three segments is $142.38. There are cancellation penalties though, so this would be a good option only if your dates are firm. The best available fare with no restrictions - Regular fare - is $207.92. There is no advantage to booking that too far in advance, other than to ensure you get on the train of your choice should it be a busy travel period. If you wish to splurge on Business Class, the multi-city function works for that as well.