Railroad Forums 

• 2021 Operation Toy Train schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1611260  by jhdeasy

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:39 pm And here’s the 2022 schedule

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... hedule.pdf
Dominion Rail Voyages LLC is donating the use of their bedroom lounge car MOUNT VERNON in support of Operation Toy Train & USMC Toys For Tots on the weekend of December 3rd and 4th, 2022.

Any photos of the car operating on this special train may be sent to [email protected].

https://www.dominionrail.com
 #1611539  by ClearlyDiverging

This weekend's run collected 4701 toys. This breaks last years record for toys collected on the Morris/Warren county runs.

A special shoutout to the railfans who stopped at multiple locations and donated zero toys. You were spotted, promptly ridiculed and laughed at accordingly.

Next weekend, there is the the runs on the NYS&W and M&NJ. As I have done every year for the last several years I'd like to remind those with cameras, bring out a new unwrapped toy to one stop (Not all stops, just one but if you wish to donate at multiple stops, that would be cool too) and no, there is no word on what the power is. No one associated with the train cares about what the power is assigned to the train (seriously no one cares as long as it functions). This event does not, has not and will never cater to railfans.
 #1611549  by SemperFidelis

Speaking as a resident Jarhead aboard the forum, I would like to say that it's pretty low not to donate to Toys for Tots when you yourself are benefiting from the train. A toy for a kid who might not have a Christmas without the USMCR is not too much to ask if you're willing to spend dang near $4.00 a gallon to chase the train, I think anyway. If Marines making less than $2,000 a month can afford a toy, then most railfans can.

Thanks for the calling out and the ridiculing of those too cheap.
 #1611551  by GSC

Toys-For-Tots was big this year. So many American Legion and VFW Posts held similar events, as well as local police and fire departmenrts, town halls, lodges, and many more. The turnout was great all over NJ.

To all those who donated in some way, THANK YOU.

I'm proud to say my Legion Post, 346 in Neptune, hosted the Battleground Chapter of the Leatherneck Nation Motorcycle Club Toys For Tots. Even with the rain, we had a great turnout.