Railroad Forums 

• NEW CONDUCTOR, IS CSX ATLANTA A BUSY TERMINAL???

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1334393  by Philly117

marine34 wrote:Hello Philly. Just wondering how your training is going and if you did start on the 25th.
We sure did! Did our orientation at the home terminal the Friday prior to reporting to Atlanta and so far we are at the end of Week 2 of the new 5 week program. Its pretty great. The facility is nice and the Instructors are awesome. Haven't had an experience otherwise. There is a lot of material and a lot of reading to do after school. Not something to slack off on but also not something that is close to impossible. Ive had on average an hour of reading a night. Sometimes more than others. The tests are easy as long as you study the material and pay attention. It's different, but a ton of fun.
 #1334904  by marine34

Good to hear. Glad everything is going good for you. I actually just heard that CSX is on a hiring freeze. You hear anything about that?? Not sure how true it is but it didn't make my day when I heard it lol. Good luck the rest of the way.