Railroad Forums 

• The U34CH Move to Boonton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1302590  by blockline4180

BigDell wrote:1. So the NYGL is still in operations, yes? Or are they out of business?
2. I remember the U34CH going to URHS - http://urhs.org/blog/help-restore-u34ch-3372/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'll be sending a donation to aid the restoration. I'm guessing it's going to be in Erie colors? NJDOT?

It will be repainted into NJDOT/EL "Bluebird" paint as it was delivered in April/May 1971.
 #1302621  by BigDell

Everyone thanks for the info! So - URHS owns it. Will M&E use it on fan excursions? I hope? Or is it just for display? If it's in a previous thread I'll happily fish. I should just go look.... Just wondering if plans have updated or changed.
 #1302625  by scottso699

According to the Link that takes you to the URHS press release, they plan to restore it to operating condition and use it for excursions. That would be really cool to see. It has HEP so it will be a good match for the Arrow cars they have.
 #1302642  by Ken W2KB

scottso699 wrote:According to the Link that takes you to the URHS press release, they plan to restore it to operating condition and use it for excursions. That would be really cool to see. It has HEP so it will be a good match for the Arrow cars they have.
That is correct, providing that sufficient funding for the restoration can be amassed. Donations welcome! :wink: