Railroad Forums 

• The Stony Creek Branch

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1524191  by mcgrath618

Hello,

I have been wondering lately: how often do CSX trains run on the Stony Creek Branch? How do they get there? Anything in the daylight, or is it all at night? I've done some research and I have struggled to find anything comprehensive.

If this is more appropriate for the CSX subforum, feel free to move it.

Thanks!
 #1524203  by CNJGeep

Not 100% of the time but almost always at night. They'll only move that way to service customers or if they have a high car that they can't run via the SEPTA main.
 #1526928  by phillymountainrailfan

Csx runs local train C746 early morning to Lansdale to interchange with Pennsylvania Northeastern I hear them early morning Monday, Wednesday, Friday between 2am and 6am. They only use septa to make the connection to the lines they need.
 #1530822  by PARailWiz

I sometimes see sets of 3 CSX locomotives moving through Main Street Station in Norristown around 7:15 AM.
 #1538545  by jhm2jhm2

First time here... saw what looked like a freight train - about 10ish cars - crossing over North Wales Road between Skippack and Yost. Was around 640am on Friday 3/27. Moving very slowly. Been driving on that road at that time for years and have never seen a train. Thoughts?
 #1538642  by AlexC

jhm2jhm2 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 am First time here... saw what looked like a freight train - about 10ish cars - crossing over North Wales Road between Skippack and Yost. Was around 640am on Friday 3/27. Moving very slowly. Been driving on that road at that time for years and have never seen a train. Thoughts?
It must have been running late. Usually those run overnight in the dark.