Railroad Forums 

• The Pemberton Township Historic Trust

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#955471  by Mr. Ed

I would love to tell you everything that has transpired but I won't do that here because you cannot edit your post nor will David do so. Check out rypn.org or our web site at www.pthtrust.org and see what's up.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #955665  by Mr. Ed

That is one awesome picture of the Linbergh engine running past the station. Thank you.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #956291  by Mr. Ed

Your video is awesome! And it answers many questions as well. Near the end, the scene shows a siding going off to our right. This was still in the ground but when the Wawa was built, they ripped it out. And of course there are trees and heavy underbrush in the area as well as an old fence. It the backing move shown, they were parking the train in preperation for the next mornings run. It was backed onto either the freight siding or passing siding. We would like to eventually replace the freight siding which would then give us the old freight platform back when we rebuild the old freight house. We found their footings years ago. And the view with the lumber yard to the left is priceless. We have drawings that show many aspects of the old yard but this is the first film I've ever seen of it. Thank you for posting it.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #956402  by TOMSTV

Thanks ED ! As it turns out,I found out about this part of a video that I have through the PEMBERTON HISTORIC forum, on page 20. You were talking to Green Elite Cab march-22-2010,and he said there was some video about Pemberton on this tape PENNSY GLORY. I checked my tape stock and sure enough,so that's were the video came from.glad you liked it.
after viewing the tape from then, and seeing what's out there now,what a differance.Looks like it was once a busy place,and what a nice job on the station,inside and out !
 #956565  by Mr. Ed

Thanks Tom. It's strange when we find artifacts in the ground and try to figure where it was used. As an example, we found switch ties in the ground and I have watched the video several times and still can't figure out where the ties we found are in the video. But I only watched it six or seven times. Maybe another five or six times will show me where they were. The photographer is in the old yard and he is looking down the trail towards Camden and it so wide open, it boggles the mind how the vegetation has taken over. I sent the link to several members and they are also surprised at what it looked like in it's heyday. We hope to have it put back to what it was back then. We have opened the ash pit and we have the top stones outling the turntable pit. So we are on the road to making it look like it did in the late 1800s, early 1900s. Thanks again.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #956740  by TOMSTV

The train was traveling east ,coming from Camden,then you notice the engine goes into a curve,that would go north to Hightstown.The video is a clip from PENNSYLVANIA GLORY VOL-1. I've had the tape for years ,and never knew that part of the video had the Pemberton Station on it,as it makes no mention of it on the cover.
 #960439  by Mr. Ed

Sorry. As I have stated before, this site does not allow editing and the last time I asked the moderator David to make changes to a post, twice, he didn't. So any reply I have will be over at rypn.org since they allow posters to edit.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #960563  by David

Mr. Ed wrote:Sorry. As I have stated before, this site does not allow editing and the last time I asked the moderator David to make changes to a post, twice, he didn't. So any reply I have will be over at rypn.org since they allow posters to edit.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Ed--Sorry for not editing your posts--I believe you can edit it yourself if necessary. I have been out of the country and on vacation a good portion of the summer. I am back now. In the future, if I do not respond to you in a reasonable amount of time please use my personal email address provided on my information page. While I was in Germany, I was able to receive personal messages only--Thank you----
 #960775  by Mr. Ed

It would appear that you have the ability to edit for a limited time. I notice that after I post a comment, there is an edit box but it disappears after a period of time.

Later!
Mr. Ed