• taxis at Fredericksburg, VA station?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by dt_rt40

One of the things that's surprised me about living near the Aberdeen train station (moved here about 4 years ago) is the mini-horde of taxis greeting most of the MARC trains & some of the weekday Amtrak trains as well. Granted it's not like being in DC or even BWI but there will usually be at least 3 and sometimes as many as 5 or more. You even sometimes see a couple at Perryville although I think they might have been called.

I need to go to Fredericksburg in a couple weeks, I'm helping some relatives clear out some furniture that they are giving me, and that I'm driving back in a rental truck. I will probably take the Carolinian that arrives at noon. Am I going to have to call ahead for a taxi or will some be waiting at the station? Might be safer to call ahead regardless, but I wondered what the situation would be like there.
  by TallEddie_81

There is a taxi service directly across the street from the train station. I don't remember the name off the top of my head. I will post back tomorrow with the name. Not sure if you will have to call ahead or can just walk up.
  by dt_rt40

Thanks...I'll probably call ahead and reserve one anyhow.