Railroad Forums 

• Swap Wedgemere For Montvale?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1606859  by wicked

Quincy Adams path was reopened a few years ago. Quincy PD committed to more parking enforcement. Back to Woburn, everyone mentions walk up stations… I’m pretty sure that’s what Wedgemere is. There is limited parking IIRC and it’s in a pretty residential area.
 #1606871  by l008com

The lot at wedgemere is small but its not that small. 119 spots according to the google.

I'm no architect but for this hypothetical montvale station, i see two ways to go. Zero parking, 100% walkup. OR a raised parking structure built over the track & station, level with montvale ave.

Given that I live nearby, a walk up only station would work for me. But if people from 2-4 miles away can't drive over, they're very unlikely to use it.

Attached is a GIS map of the spot. I suppose they could drain/pipe in the little swamp land and put a parking lot there. Access via the unused stub of the Stoneham branch, and/or Silk St.

I guess all it would take is will, and money.
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.39.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.39.04 AM.png (4.47 MiB) Viewed 362 times