Railroad Forums 

• Susquehanna roster update and RMDI tidbits

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#60167  by railroadcarmover

Here is an interesting rundown on things. Business is booming and NYS&W is short on motive power, so:

NYS&W is looking to lease 5 Alco units ( Cartier #78 is supposively coming to NYS&W first for evaluation and may be in interchange as of now )

NYS&W is going to lease the 2 C30-7's which are at the New Hope & Ivyland. This includes the #416 in Union Pacific paint.

NYS&W is going to lease from RMDI , ex P&W U23B #2214. Unit is presently being tested on the NYS&W in freight service. Unit needs a piston and a turbo before going to lease.

NYS&W is going to lease from Pete DeFillipo ( myself ) ex P&W U23B #2209. Unit is presently being tested on the NYS&W in freight service. Unit needs some minor work before going to lease.

Former NYS&W B40-8 have been acquired by RMDI ( # 4002, # 4004, # 4006, #4008 ) upon coming off lease with NYS&W. They have been resold to the P&W. #4006 and #4008 were being tested on NYS&W in freight service before they will be shipped to P&W.

This testing allows for working out any bugs, before units see actual service.

Former P&W U23B #2210 is to be shipped to a customer in Maryland.

It is likely that the #2209 and #2214 will see local service in Northern NJ.

#60400  by trainfreak

Ah yes the changing times of the NYSW. Im glad to see business booming for them...i still wonder why they didnt take their SD70M's back though. Although all of this power will certainly make for interesting lashups especially if all of those ALCo's come!

#62562  by GVrooman

I just saw the Cartier #78 at Chenango Forks, being towed north toward Utica. It should make an interesting addition to the roster.

#63402  by rocketman

from what I heard, NYS&W is making a mint off of leasing the 70M's