Railroad Forums 

• Superliner Replacement - Bilevel or Single Level from a different prospective.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1612273  by Matt Johnson

Any word on how Amtrak views the Viewliner II? Seems like a great design to me - shame they didn't get more of 'em! I don't know if it's a design that might be used going forward, but both the sleeping cars and dining cars are very nice from a passenger perspective imo.
STrRedWolf wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:27 pm Economy of scale. Amtrak could buy a ton more Viewliner II's... But they'd have to work with the Venture sets. Do we know if they do? Plus we don't know about the Amfleet II replacements.
I don't see why not. I mean, perhaps the integrated push-pull sets might be an issue, but those aren't meant for long distance trains anyway. The midwest Venture cars are being used with Amfleets and Horizons right now, and even with Viewliner II baggage cars if only for axle count reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlNNjYenwvc