Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1233501  by Thomas

It is my understanding that PATH will operate every 10 minutes for "Super Sunday." But, I still have two questions:

1. Will PATH trains operate between Hoboken and WTC?

2. How much of the CBTC Installed will be activated (And where will it located)?
 #1234469  by OportRailfan

Thomas wrote:...
2. How much of the CBTC Installed will be activated (And where will it located)?
I doubt PATH/employees are at liberty to discuss how much of their signal system is completed. Just sit back and enjoy the show...
 #1234842  by 25Hz

If i end up having the money, i may go and observe the madness in person. :)
 #1235016  by Thomas

How many people are projected to use PATH and NJ Transit on Super Sunday?
 #1235067  by morris&essex4ever

Thomas wrote:How many people are projected to use PATH and NJ Transit on Super Sunday?
According to this article, 10,000 to 12,000 are expected to ride to the Meadowlands Station from Secaucus Junction.
 #1235190  by Thomas

I expect more people than that. After all, didn't NJ Transit expect triple the number of riders for the Superbowl event?
 #1235406  by morris&essex4ever

Thomas wrote:I expect more people than that. After all, didn't NJ Transit expect triple the number of riders for the Superbowl event?
Well, more people will take the bus to Metlife Stadium, so that number might not be a bad estimate. Not everyone is taking the train there.
 #1235612  by 25Hz

morris&essex4ever wrote:
Thomas wrote:I expect more people than that. After all, didn't NJ Transit expect triple the number of riders for the Superbowl event?
Well, more people will take the bus to Metlife Stadium, so that number might not be a bad estimate. Not everyone is taking the train there.
There will be no direct bus service or taxi service.....
 #1235664  by morris&essex4ever

25Hz wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/nyreg ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For the game, the host committee will operate a bus fleet called the Fan Express to carry people to and from five sites in Manhattan and four in New Jersey. The buses will cost $51 round trip, and one lane of the Lincoln Tunnel will be dedicated to them.
 #1236181  by 25Hz

morris&essex4ever wrote:
25Hz wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/nyreg ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For the game, the host committee will operate a bus fleet called the Fan Express to carry people to and from five sites in Manhattan and four in New Jersey. The buses will cost $51 round trip, and one lane of the Lincoln Tunnel will be dedicated to them.
Clearly i was referring to NORMALLY operating routes that will be truncated to avoid traffic & security checkpoints.... and 51 dollars HAH good luck what that.
 #1236338  by umtrr-author

51 dollars is a rounding error added to the total cost of going to the Big Game*.

According to the NY Times article cited, it's going to be $150 to park. And no tailgating, etc. etc.

My plan is to stay away, and watch the commercials at home on TV as I always do. I understand that some American Football takes place in between the advertising.

*Unless you have paid a fee to the NFL, you're not allowed to use the actual title of the contest which we discussing. So I'm not.
 #1236374  by ryanov

I suspect your I interpretation is incorrect. This is not commercial use.