Railroad Forums 

• Strange sight on the C&O near Oakdale (E. Toledo)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#18904  by matt

We're talking the trackage between the NYC main and Walbridge, just west of the Toledo Terminal thru Northwood. This line is often used to store coal, and sometimes, autoracks until they are needed. If one crosses the NYC main at Oakdale, you can often see the head of the trains parked east of the road before they bend to the south.

Last Monday, however, I observed a double stack intermodal train with domestic containers head north from Wales Rd. and then round the bend westward to Oakdale and then onto the main. I didn't know high priority trains like this one were stored here. Any guesses as to what NS was doing?

There's no interchange with CSX "down there" from what I know.
Thanks.