Railroad Forums 

• Stone Train Question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #21227  by BMT

I heard the Chief Moron...uh, I mean Chief Executive fell off his bicycle while ONCE AGAIN vacationing on his Texas ranch. Wish somebody would have had a camera for that 'Kodak Moment'. (I thought the bike came with training wheels? :wink:)

Yeah, looks like the MTA heads are coming down with some serious new rulings to curtail our interests. They are only taking a cue from the Director of Homeland (Fatherland?) Security, Tom Ridge, who would have us all doing the 'goose-step' if it were up to Ashcroft and Rumsfeld.

For New York City Transit there would be additional rulings besides the ban on photography: (1) a ban on crossing between cars; (2) ban on putting feet/legs up on seats (these do not even have anything to do with terrorism).

#23752  by SeldenJrFireman

Can anybody tell me where the stone train will be and when this saturday. I have a regents review class in the morn at school and the might try and catch it a prima since it is down nicholls road, which is close to my school. if not at prima, i might head east and see where else they might trek.

#23900  by rbenko

I'm sure it's somewhere on this board, but can anyone give me a quick update as to the schedule of the stone train? Does it run once a week on Saturdays? Thanks for any info!

BTW nice shots on this thread!

#24624  by jayrmli

The stone train runs once every weekend, but the times are dependent upon crew availability. Each week seems to be different.

This past weekend was really different, as the train was brought to Pineaire early Saturday morning by the RS-50. An extra was called for Saturday night to run it to Prima. This was because of a fuel spill cleanup in Forest Park and trackwork around Central Islip over the weekend.

Jay

#25041  by SeldenJrFireman

Sounds good jay. If I catch you guys anywhere it would probably be at the east end of KO Station.
 #25626  by badneighbor

any guess if there will be a stone run saturday am through Ronk? actually don't have any little league baseball games, or soccer games...ANY CHANCE??

#25643  by Scrap em All

Its scheduled to go out tonight (Fri) 0n RS-80.

#25768  by emfinite

I was bowling at Farmingdale Lanes and when I got out around 12am, I saw the last car of the stone train parked right next to the parking lot. I went over to the tracks just as you guys got the clear signal at Farm 2 and highballed it out. What engs were on point?

#25808  by Knife-Switch

HA! Under the cover of darkness and with no tell-tale signs except for the whine and sputter of three 27 year-old MP15's and the occassional shower of carbon sparks, the RS-80 successfully delivered the Tilcon Train. :P

#27424  by JMBethpage

The stone train just passed Divide E/B at 11am. 261/268/151/155 pulling 40 gondolas.

#28427  by DogBert

P&W just came down light over hell gate, so unless they come back later in the week with some rock there's no stone this week, only empties outbound over hell gate tomorrow morning.

#29213  by DogBert

DOH!

P&W just came in with more rock, 1AM friday night... when it's heading from FP to prima, who knows. (first thing in the AM?)

#29401  by jayrmli

It's on its way as I type this...

Jay

#31285  by emfinite

I hear it may or may not run tomorrow (Saturday). It did not run today either...