Railroad Forums 

• Step plate junctions

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1421200  by Sand Box John

"Acton Town S5"
Are there any that were not completed but are just stubs.

If you use the pure definition of the term, no. There is however a cut and cover equivalent at the south end of the Pentagon station for a future route along Columbia Pike.
 #1421956  by Acton Town S5

Sand Box John wrote:"Acton Town S5"
Are there any that were not completed but are just stubs.

If you use the pure definition of the term, no. There is however a cut and cover equivalent at the south end of the Pentagon station for a future route along Columbia Pike.
SBJ, Thanks for that although I thought that there might have been more which would have been closer to actually being built when the system was being planned.
 #1421995  by Sand Box John

"Acton Town S5"
SBJ, Thanks for that although I thought that there might have been more which would have been closer to actually being built when the system was being planned.

There is one more that I forgot to mention. A cut and cover equivalent is at the north end of the Glenmont station to accomadate the extension of the B Route end of the Red line. The one on outbound track B1 is clearly visible from the station platform. The one on inbound track B2 is at the point where Glenmont Yard lead track 2 curve to the east about 800' north of the station.

See: Comprehensive 129 Mile Area Regional System Schematic
 #1422083  by Sand Box John

"mtuandrew"
That is a cool map, John. Do I see another stub at Largo?

Yes, they are on the surface, they are there for turnouts to extend the route further east.

You might find this of interest as well.
 #1423628  by Acton Town S5

Sand Box John wrote:"Acton Town S5"

There is one more that I forgot to mention. A cut and cover equivalent is at the north end of the Glenmont station to accomadate the extension of the B Route end of the Red line. The one on outbound track B1 is clearly visible from the station platform. The one on inbound track B2 is at the point where Glenmont Yard lead track 2 curve to the east about 800' north of the station.

See: Comprehensive 129 Mile Area Regional System Schematic
SBJ thanks that map is really great.