Railroad Forums 

• Status of M420TR # 27

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#497513  by Patrick

Hey Bryan, You looking for more MLW's or some RS units. I'd be happy to help you get some of the lake state's former D&M units that are about to be cut up.
 #560257  by The Man

The 27 is still in the shop and we are still shoting for the 08 season. It's not looking good. The turbo was locked up and may not be any good. Some new parts have come in but money is an issue at this point. If anyone would like to make a donation to this project we would be happy to put the money into the unit. If so please make donations to the CNY NRHS PO box 229 Marcellus, NY 13108. Just put in a letter to explain what you are donating to and your adress for a letter of thanks.

JJ-
 #580444  by oibu

Any change in the status on the 27?

Also, would like to know generally what power is being used where/likely to be in use as I will be up in the area in a few weeks, and the determination of which portion(s) of the railroad I target will depend partly on what power is being used where. More specifically, if the M420 or the 8223 are running I want to be where they are!

Is the one MA&N C425 still on the Adirondack Scenic? I assume it's been returned by now, but if not that would also be a prime target.
 #595602  by Paul

You know John, that thing is so ugly that a quart of Guinness Stout wouldn't help! Wouldn't hurt either I guess. Perhaps some of Allison's blue berry pancakes might do the trick. Anyway, Alex is reminding me the deal I made to send him your way for a week to work on that pitiful looking thing. The apprentice boy is getting straight "A"s so I have to ante up I guess. He is going to be my bender of wrenches on PSRM's 244 while my back is toasted. I'll get him back up to speed.

BTW, How much damage did Doug do to the 8223 on his last trip "down east" this year? :-)