Railroad Forums 

• Station cleaning?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1402749  by MCL1981

I rode the red line out from downtown to Shady Grove last week for the first time in many years. I noticed that some of the underground stations appear to have been power washed. The station walls are a bright, clean, gray instead of brake dust black. The lighting is therefore better. And it doesn't look like a dump. Why have they cleaned some and not others?
 #1406627  by Personality Sphere #0324

MCL1981 wrote:I rode the red line out from downtown to Shady Grove last week for the first time in many years. I noticed that some of the underground stations appear to have been power washed. The station walls are a bright, clean, gray instead of brake dust black. The lighting is therefore better. And it doesn't look like a dump. Why have they cleaned some and not others?
I think they were renovating the stations or something. Try this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tr ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1406806  by JDC

Personality Sphere #0324 wrote:
MCL1981 wrote:I rode the red line out from downtown to Shady Grove last week for the first time in many years. I noticed that some of the underground stations appear to have been power washed. The station walls are a bright, clean, gray instead of brake dust black. The lighting is therefore better. And it doesn't look like a dump. Why have they cleaned some and not others?
I think they were renovating the stations or something. Try this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tr ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I forgot to take a picture, but they are doing this at the Navy Yard station. One half of the vault has been done, so you can really notice the difference between the cleaner, whiter gray side and the darker/dingier opposite side. Not sure it would be noticeable in a photo from a camera phone, but I will try to remember to take it.