Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#168056  by MikeF

A little switch move at IRM today brought South Shore cars 19, 28 and 40 out into the sunlight for a few hours. Here are a few pictures I managed to snap while I wasn't busy:

Last edited by MikeF on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

#168638  by PRRGuy

That Car 40 is really coming along, and it looks like the font end of 28 has seen some work also. Nice Job! Hopefully, I'll get to head down there sometime.

#168712  by byte

Mike showed me and another forum member (EricL) around the South Shore cars on Sunday. The interior of #40 is coming along nicely. The seats are worn out, but everything else looks pretty good.

#168807  by MR77100

MikeF-
I was doing volunteer work at the museum on Sunday! I was walking around in the barn while you guys were doing the switching. What department do you work in? I am the one that wears the IT hat and shirt. Does anyone know when we will run another South Shore car?

#168822  by MikeF

MR77100, I can't say I saw anyone wearing an IT hat and shirt -- but, I wasn't really looking. You may have seen me. I was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. I work in the Electric Car Department on, of all things, the three South Shore cars in Barn 6. I'm often out on Sunday mornings; stop by and say hi sometime.

#168973  by MR77100

MikeF-
I work in the Diesel Department, but I would like to help you guys sometime in the Electric Car Department. I have always wanted to work on an Insull interurban car, as well as run one. I might also work in Operations. I should be up there next month sometime on a Saturday-Sunday. Just look for the IT shirt and hat.
-mark