Railroad Forums 

• Similarities to Monon

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#383328  by Tadman

I posted some comments in another thread about NYSW's use of big #3670 to shunt cars reminding me of the Monon doing the same thing with big C628's. Looking at this a little more, it's surprising how much NYSW reminds me of a modern version of the Monon - both are carriers we love to see, using odd-ball power, with a pretty paintjob. Both have been eclipsed by mergers of surrounding large carriers, and we hate to see them fade or disappear. I know this is somewhat of an open-ended topic, but I'm interested in your comments on the similarities of the carriers of two well-admired Alco roads.