Railroad Forums 

• Silverliner Vs Out of Service - Schedule/Service Discussion

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1400927  by jmatchesky

Thorndale line had a special/extra (SX1516) this morning (and probably has had it other times recently), local from Thorndale to Haveford, then express to 30th St and concluding at Jefferson.

I couldn't tell exactly how many, but there were A LOT of MARC coaches (maybe 7 or 8?) behind a SEPTA cab car. Never got to see the engine so not sure if it was an ACS64 or a SEPTA unit.
 #1401029  by Silverliner II

All three MARC sets have Amtrak motors.
Set #1 with cab car 7754 (7 cars)
Set #2 with a SEPTA cab car (8 cars)
Set #3 with cab car 7751 (8 cars)
 #1402834  by AlexC

Regular service returns October 3rd.

http://www.septa.org/service/rail-service-returns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With a substantial number of Silverliner V cars now back in operation, Regular Weekday service resumes on ALL Regional Rail Lines on Monday, October 3, 2016.

All Lines will operate following the schedule published in the June 19th timetable with the exception of the Media/Elwyn Line, which will have a new schedule, with an October 2, 2016 effective date. This new schedule will reflect the return of rail service between Elwyn and Swarthmore Stations with the completion of the summer construction project. Additionally, the Cynwyd Line shuttle bus service will end and regular weekday train service will resume October 3rd.
 #1402965  by Silverliner II

They fail to add all consists will be shorter than normal. SEPTA still does not have the same number of cars available that they did prior to July 1st, even with the Amtrak and MARC sets on hand. The NJT set is scheduled to be returned to NJ Transit at the finish of train #1763's run on September 30th.
 #1403076  by rslitman

Head-end View wrote:Bet there will be huge overcrowding that first day with many not realizing about the shorter consists, just figuring everything back to normal.
With Monday being the first day of Rosh Hashanah, the first day may not be so bad. Some people may still be out for the second day on Tuesday, so Wednesday will likely be the first major test.

When the plan had been to return to the regular schedule on the following Monday, my thought at the time was that there would be fewer passengers that day due to Columbus Day. Tuesday the 11th would have been the first major test, with a lighter load on Wednesday the 12th due to Yom Kippur.
 #1403200  by Silverliner II

As I last heard, as of this past Wednesday, there were about 44 Silverliner V's back in service.
Combined with the Amtrak set and the MARC cars (31 cars total), this puts the total SEPTA fleet at 351 cars available.

That is as compared to
prior to the Silverliner V deliveries, but after the Comet I set was on hand: 357 cars available.
after Silverliner V deliveries and after the Comet I set was retired from service: 396 cars available.

Basically, the fleet is back to almost the number of cars that were around prior to late 2010.
 #1403312  by Silverliner II

Actually, I did have the pleasure of riding it twice, along with once each on the Keystone and NJT sets. :) And since the MARC equipment will be here a while longer, on Wednesday, I am going to park myself at Suburban Station and ride a random MARC set....
 #1403340  by South Jersey Budd

Looks like the MARC sets were all moved to FR. Got the preliminary from a source.

Supposedly on Monday ACS-64's will be on 9526 - 9538 - 9506 & 9524 in the am. 9547 - 1565 - 9559 & 9561.

The AMTRAK set on 9214 am & 1563 pm.

The NJT 1724 - 1745.

SEPTA sets am on 3507/9508 - 6325 - 1502/1295/9212 - 9597/9532 - 9334 & 6713.

Pm 9365 - 6374 - 6378 - 533 - 9251/9254 & 9243/9294.

They are saying the NJT and AMTRAK sets should be sent back by the middle of the month. The MARC sets will be used until later in the year.