Railroad Forums 

• Siding In Richland

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#441375  by mb38

If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.
 #441648  by prr60

mb38 wrote:If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.
I wonder why it is thought a siding is needed to permit year-round service. They already operate nine months of the year (April to December) with no siding. Why would a siding be needed for January to March.

That begs the question as to whether there is even a demand for the service January through March. How many times can you see the same pretty nondescript route before you have seen enough?

#442401  by PRSL1972

ok here is the skinny on the siding. when cmsl runs on the weekends conrail does not come down. with the siding in place the train can sit there and let the local freight mainly oil and coal for the power plant go through and the cmsl can play around again. that is the skinny on the siding.
 #442474  by chuchubob

mb38 wrote:If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.
The purpose for the siding is to permit CMSL service any time, not just on Saturday when CSAO gives them the track. As PRSL1972 pointed out, with the siding in place, CA20 could operate simultaneously with CMSL, as could the NS and CSX coal trains to Beesley Point and the returning emptys.

#477113  by chuchubob

The switch was cut in on Dec 2 and a fence has been installed between the tracks.

#477210  by David

chuchubob wrote:The switch was cut in on Dec 2 and a fence has been installed between the tracks.

So I take it, Bob, the siding ends in front of the station?-----

#477335  by chuchubob

David wrote: So I take it, Bob, the siding ends in front of the station?-----
Correct.