Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by BobLI

Hi. While travelling north on the hudson line I noticed a small yard with coaches and SPV's stored there. I dont remember what station they were close to. Are these the cars that Conn DOT tried to use and then abandoned? Are they being shipped out to scrap?

by DutchRailnut

There are SPV's ar Croton East yard but I am not sure if they are part of current scrap contract.
  by MTASUPT

The following SPV's are on the northend of the Harmon shop getting prepped to be brought out to, I believe Ohio for scrap 298,295,290,299,294,291,297.
  by pnaw10

MTASUPT wrote:The following SPV's are on the northend of the Harmon shop getting prepped to be brought out to, I believe Ohio for scrap 298,295,290,299,294,291,297.
Any idea what route they'd take to get there, and when the move would happen? Wondering if I'd be lucky enough to grab a "final picture" if they'll be passing by me here in Central NY state.
  by MTASUPT

They are on north 36 at Harmon Shop, also it is now uncofirmed whether they are for scrap. Still listening for details.