Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1569889  by Ridgefielder

With big employers like the City government and J.P. Morgan Chase announcing plans to bring people back into the office, has anyone heard indications that MN will look to add trains and revert to a more normal schedule? I believe the LIRR started running more service toward the end of March, but as far as I can tell the Lower Harlem at least is unchanged since last year.
 #1569931  by shadyjay

I would hope that SLE gets a schedule uptick at some point soon, as its "a little thin" especially during the PM rush. If you miss the 5:25pm eastbound out of New Haven towards OSB, your next option is at 9:25pm! That doesn't give anyone much flexibility at all.
 #1569943  by checkmatechamp13

Though in a pinch, one could grab the 5:33pm or 7:37pm NE Regional depending on their exact destination (and of course, willingness to pay full price). It would be nice if they had the same agreement that they have with the Hartford Line where the tickets are interchangable.