Railroad Forums 

• Sad news

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1444711  by pumpers

Long time forum member Philip Martin has passed away.viewtopic.php?f=69&t=164886&view=unread ... 9#p1444512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He was older than most of us (I seem to recall a post about working at G Tower on PRR/Lehigh and Hudson River in the the 1960 time frame or even earlier), but still working on the railroad, as a ticket agent for NJ Transit, on the NJ Coast Line in Middletown I believe.
RIP, Jim S
 #1444816  by MACTRAXX

JS and Everyone:

In the recent topic about PSNY Tommy Meehan first posted the news on the passing of member
Phillip Martin. There were feedback posts in reply there as noticed.

There also is memorial posts in the Worldwide Railfan Forum in which he was a regular contributor.
We need one combined place to compile remembrance and condolences to Phillip and his family
from all who remember his postings over the years here at Railroad.net. I will second that if there
is any obituary listing or mention anyplace to please post it here if at all possible...

MACTRAXX
 #1444863  by pumpers

I tried sending Jeff Smith (who I think is the main administrator) a PM to consolidate the threads about Philip Martin, but the system is not letting me do that - my PM's just to into my Outbox and I can't seem to send them from there either. Can someone else try contacting Jeff - something must be messed up with my account.
Thanks Jim S.