Railroad Forums 

• Richard Leonard's NYC Collection

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1228  by rlsteam

I call attention again to my "New York Central Collection" web site: http://www.forecyte.com/nyccollection/
It contains steam images from the 1930s and 1940s, plus diesel images from the 1950s. And I have just added a new feature, "NYC Fantasy Steam," that you may enjoy, portraying some NYC steam that exists only in my imagination!

#1705  by Roger Hensley

Excellent site. I have added it to my NYC Links page of the RRsofMadCty. I noted several Big Four photos right off of the bat. :-)
 #1919  by rlsteam

I decided to take down the "Fantasy Steam" feature after reading the fine print about copyrights on George Elwood's site. The original images I had worked with came from there. If I can't get permission from him to use those images as a base for the imaginary locomotives, I'll try to work with some of my own, but they aren't as good.
 #6546  by rlsteam

The "Fantasy Steam" page is back on my "NYC Collection" web site, with four new images based on material I had. I contacted George Elwood and am trying to get permission from the owners of the other images I originally borrowed for this project, but thus far have heard nothing.
 #7052  by Jim Fitzgerald

Richard, I enjoyed your NY Central "what might have been" engines. Have you seen Dave Stephenson's proposed NYC "Challenger?" I have a copy of his drawing if you are interested. :D
 #8122  by hudsonut1

The Central did have 10, 2-10-2's on the roster. They were class Z. B&A locos built by Alco in 1918. They went to the Big Four in 1928 and later sold to the CN. I had a builders plate from one some time ago. :)
Ron Morse
 #8428  by Franklin Gowen

Dr. Leonard:

Yours is a superb website. The content is educational as well as fun. And the site's design is very...well, "streamlined"! :D I appreciate the hard work.

#8809  by rlsteam

Ron Morse, I forgot about those ex-B&A 2-10-2s. They aren't in my NYC System roster from 1940 because they were gone by then. I found them listed in my CN roster from the same era, Nos. 4200-4209 in class T-3-a. They were built by Alco in 1919 and were B&A 1100-1109. I will have to reclassify my 2-10-2 to Z2a, and alter the text!