Railroad Forums 

• Request for Help - A&A equip. display for Village of Arc

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#527714  by joesbag

All - Just wondering how things have developed over the past two weekends. Hope the weather has cooperated.

#528056  by BSOR Patarak

The support we have received has been amazing. The weather held out beautifully on both work days. The panel track is all built and if all goes well, all three pieces should be resting in the new location by May 1st. We're going to work at it Saturday the 26th again, preparing to make the connection from the mainline to the siding. More pictures will be posted as the work progresses.

#528064  by joesbag

Thanks for the info Pat. It's great to hear you have fantastic support and weather. I look forward to seeing the photos soon and actually laying my eyes on it this summer.

#528873  by BSOR Patarak

Things are coming together to move all three pieces into place. The plan is to try and have them moved tomorrow if the remaining piece of track is put in place. The last step is to remove some pavement in the driveway to make the swing to the new track. The railroad crews have work above and beyond to help us along with this too. Pictures are coming, I just haven't had the time to upload them to the online storage for posting yet...

#529104  by BSOR Patarak

Everything fell into place. Er, well...perhaps fell into place isn't the best term for railroad equipment. All three pieces, 110, the Boxcar and Caboose #303 are now in place on their new track. The next phase will begin to secure the cab from the weather and come up with a plan for access to the insides for the general public. Work will have to be done to fabricate platforms and related items before they will be open to the pubic. Lettering and finishing the paint on 110, cab interiors and the pilot are in the works as well. Below are a few shots of the process and the final product.

This temporary "switch" and track was connected to the main line to gently push the equipment onto the new siding.

Engine 112 was used to push the 3 pieces up onto the temporary track. Once they reached this point, a back hoe was utilized to pull them in the remaining distance.

Here is the happy new home for the trio.
Last edited by BSOR Patarak on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

#529451  by joesbag

You guys have done, and continue to do an excellent, excellent job. And with the news of 18 being put back in service on May 24th, the faithful couldn't ask for anything better!

I can't wait to see everything this summer.

#529504  by thebigham

Wow!! The new display looks great!!!!

Great job.

Chris