Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#411695  by dmclement

Hello,

Can anyone provide me with, or point me in the direction of a list of mileages for the following commuter networks?

Metrolink
Caltrain
Coaster

I'm looking to be able to work out the distances between each station so that if I decided to ride on any particular train, between any two stations that trains stops at I'd be able to calculate the distance travelled.

So for Metrolink, LA Union station to all other stations on the network, plus Orange to Anaheim Canyon, and any inter-line freight only sections would be appreciated.

For Caltrain, San Francisco to every other station or Gilroy to every other station.

For Coaster, Oceanside Transit Center to every other station or from San Diego Santa Fe Depot to every other station.

Thanks

Damian

#412572  by timz

I can e-mail you some Caltrain mileages. They now have markers every tenth of a mile, so you'll be able to do pretty well watching them (except for the discontinuity west of Santa Clara). And remember SF is now MP 0.2.