Railroad Forums 

• Recent NYNJ Interchange

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1188815  by jtunnel

Traffic has been pretty heavy, (in terms of more cars so far this year then last year)

Good number of BNSF covered hoppers, Rail flats, tie flats, and today there is a 20 car Herzog Ballast train waiting to get picked up.

And one knows it's spring from the added tank car traffic. :)

I know the covered hoppers are going to Brookhaven from other postings.

Where is the major track renewal on Long Island happening?
 #1189053  by Backshophoss

The Second main track project is begining to ramp up Farm 2 to KO,welded rail would come over the Hellgate Bridge route.
You're sure this stuff is floated over from Greenville to Bay Ridge??
 #1189188  by DogBert

I am not sure if it's the same train but there are around 20 herzog cars in Blissville at the moment. I suspect it's for more work in Harold.

For last year's Harold project, around 30 gons were stored at Bliss until the day of the project (when they were moved into the LIC coach yard, then loaded in bliss and sent out on interchange.

Some LIRR rail cars (which were empty) were in Bliss recently, but have been moved over to HPA.
 #1189274  by jtunnel

Herzog cars were gone on Saturday Morning, guess those are the same cars. Rail flats were just stick rail not welded ribbon rails. Thanks for the responses.