Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Ink Blotters

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#762689  by Ironbar

Hello all. This is my first post in this BB. First off let me say that I am not a railroad enthusiast. I am posting becuase my father recently passed away, and while going through his things I ran accross a bunch of what I can only describe as railroad advertising cards. Knowing nothing of RR memorabilia, I thought perhaps someone could help me ID what these things are, and how much (if anything) they're worth.

I scanned all the cards today and posted them on my Photobucket account. You can view the slideshow at the following URL:
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q314 ... =slideshow

Here's a sample of what's there:

Thanks in advance. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Jeff Scharn
Tigard, OR
 #762708  by Otto Vondrak

Ironbar wrote:Hello all. This is my first post in this BB. First off let me say that I am not a railroad enthusiast. I am posting becuase my father recently passed away, and while going through his things I ran accross a bunch of what I can only describe as railroad advertising cards. Knowing nothing of RR memorabilia, I thought perhaps someone could help me ID what these things are, and how much (if anything) they're worth.
Welcome, Jeff. These look like old railroad ink blotters that they would give away to remind people about their services. Ink blotters from the time when people wrote with fountain pens. Anyway, worth is a loaded question. They are worth what you can get for them. eBay is an excellent marketplace for such items.

-otto-