Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Denver, Colorado

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#252557  by BlockLine_4111

TB Diamond wrote:Once had to cross through the Englewood Light Rail station to get on our hopper train for Sterling. Folks waiting for the Light rail probably thought that the conductor and I were nuts, jumping off the platform and crossing the tracks. Safety First.
Perhaps some "fringe effects" from the live wire above coming down the shortest path to ground, especially if your feet were up upon the grounded rail, heh? Probably too wide a gap, too much resistance, and too low of a voltage to for a measurable differential from head to toe, heh?

#252684  by TB Diamond

The safety rules are very specific: one never steps on any rail for any reason.

#252725  by BlockLine_4111

Good point, I was just checkin'. :wink:

#252964  by TB Diamond

In addition, ohms=infinity even if we had stepped on the rail.

#253205  by BlockLine_4111

TB Diamond wrote:In addition, ohms=infinity even if we had stepped on the rail.
∞Ω :wink:
 #266594  by fp7fan

Can you suggest some sites (or other sources) that can provide me with maps/diagrams of rail lines through and around the Denver area?

Thanks