Railroad Forums 

• Rail removal at Bush Terminal

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #938918  by Greg

I was in Brooklyn this morning and saw a crew removing rails from the north yard lead on 1st ave to the point where it led to the cocoa shipper between 39th and 41st and around the corner to 2nd Ave. The rail and coblestones were removed and asphalt was in their place. Was this scheduled? Anyone have further insight?
 #939182  by Otto Vondrak

Saw the same thing last week, wondered same. Seems to cut the main right at the north end of the yard there. Will post pictures later.
 #939279  by Otto Vondrak

Photos from June 1, around 7:00am... Sorry for the poor quality.

12Bridge says it's going to be completely relaid and replaced.
Attachments:
0602010601.jpg
0602010601.jpg (123.81 KiB) Viewed 9634 times
0602010605.jpg
0602010605.jpg (96.57 KiB) Viewed 9634 times
 #939284  by Shavano

This was indeed scheduled. The asphalt is temporary - looking into what used to be 39th St yard, trenches have been cut to allow for new trackage to be put in for a new track alignment and interchange with the SBK.
 #939371  by talltim

Seems a strange way to do it. I'de have put the track back in to save digging the road back up again
 #947990  by FarRock41

This is a good thing the Port Authority took over. This will be good for NYNJ rail, they can do the neccesary repairs to the property. Is the engine house closed, or are they going to try to repair it?
 #947994  by Ðauntless

Engine house is vacant, its not up to building code, and theres no current plans to fix it at the moment, nor are they tearing it down.
 #959924  by Greg

I have not been down to the Terminal in a few weeks. Any progress/updates? What is the next step in this project?
 #960313  by jtunnel

Went to Davidson Pipe, I mean Costco last night. South Brooklyn tracks are now severed as well, roadbed torn up across 2nd Avenue and filled with concrete. Inside the property new roadbed areas staked out and rail laying supplies visible, just no new track down yet. New pre-cast catch basins and associated pipe along 1st Avenue over by NYNJRR waiting to be put in.
 #964912  by Greg

Was down there yesterday. There is a trench cut from the fence at the end of 1st Ave into the railyard. Other than that everything seems to be status quo. Does anyone know if the cocoa shipper will return to getting boxcars after this is completed?