Railroad Forums 

• "Following up" on an application?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1379655  by Chico

I found a spot that NS is hiring and put in an application, although it does not seem to be an open hiring session....while I have a good resume and made it to the final 20 out of 250 at a prior hiring session, (The interviewer seemed hesitant to hire me due to my previous lack of outdoor work experience, and said so.) I feel as though I will never get an interview due to my resume not having the sort of experience they want. About a year and a half ago I decided this is the career I wanted and am willing to do anything to get a position, but a bit discouraged at this point.

Moral of the story, I found the terminal managers contact information on the NS page, and thought about calling to follow up on the application but I can't tell if that would be out of line. Any advice? Should I call? Or any other advice on how to break through and get a job with NS.

Thanks in advance.