Railroad Forums 

• Questions about LVRR/Ironton operations in Coply

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#895510  by carajul

I've always been interested in the Hokendaqua/Coply/Catasaqua area and the LV/RDG/IR operations there at Biery Yard and the C&F yard. Just a few questions if anyone has the answers...

1. When was Biery Yard actually taken oos?
2. When was the C&F yard taken oos? I've seen pics of the late 1960s and it is all overgrown with weeds but track is still in place. Just looking for an exact year.
3. When were the wye tracks into Biery Yard from the LV main and the overpasses over Water St removed?
4. When did operations of the IRR cease? In Mike Bednar's book it says by the early 1970s the IRR was used on an "as needed" basis only and their baldwin loco was used on the LV for back up most of the time.
5. Did all of the cement mills go out of biz leaving the IRR with no customers to serve? Where any potential customers left at all? I know there was an Agway that got an occasianal car somewhere along the line.
6. The the IRR track get ripped up when CR abandoned the LV main north of A'town since it no longer had a connection?
7. When did the CNJ stop interchanging with the IRR and LV using their bridge across the Lehigh River at Coply?