Railroad Forums 

• PW Hirail vs Sperry - Lisbon, CT - 06-02-2015

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1334113  by Cosmo

Has anyone heard anything on their scanners about something going on in Lisbon, CT today in the vicinity of Rt 12 apparently involving police, fire/rescue that had a train stopped at around 10:00-11:00 am this morning?
I had a w.o.m. report from a non-railfan friend of mine describing some kind of incident with the road closed and a locomotive (not sure if it was the whole train or not) stationary on the scene.
I'm wondering: was there a washout/derailment, a pedestrian (not sure if vehicular access is even possible at that location) or was the train just stopped due to a highway accident?
Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.
 #1334119  by Cosmo

Oh my... OUCH!! Image
Yup, that was the incident in question. I had no idea SPERRY was even out there, but it makes sense with the weather last night/today. That also explains the "silver roofed locomotive" described by my friend. If I'd known the SPERRY car was involved (and I wasn't already headed to New London for something else) I might have tried getting down for a pic or two, but probably wouldn't have gotten anything better than what was in the article.
Thanks Dutch for the extremely prompt reply. :wink: