Railroad Forums 

• PVL passing sidings/off-peak trains

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#454979  by psct29

ff4405 wrote:The 10/28 schedules have been posted

PVL: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0010.pdf
I noticed that Teterboro and Woodcliff Lake are both left out of the weekend service. This dissapoints me, as I had been looking forward to using Teterboro on the weekends and then being able to walk to my destination just down 46 in Lodi.

#454991  by mbaker1979

Not quite so. The last train from Hoboken stops at teteboro and woodcliff lakes.

#454996  by Raritan Express

mbaker1979 wrote:Not quite so. The last train from Hoboken stops at teteboro and woodcliff lakes.
But that would make for a looooong walk home. :wink:

#455052  by andy

I think the issue with Woodcliff Lake is the limited length of the station stop and it blocking the intersection.

The only issue I have with the train times is the arrival into Secaucus on weekends. After 12:00 p.m. (starting with train 2110), the trains get in on/at 10 minutes after the hour. For people making westbound connections (especially on trains 2110, 2112, 2122 and 2126), they have to catch the train leaving at :23 past the hour on the NEC.

I would have preferred if they moved the departure times from Spring Valley up to get people to SEC in time for the :16 westbound train. Not sure if the timing is due to the operating times and the siding limitation.

Items of note: There is no train #1650, and from the draft schedule, they also eliminated all the trains starting at North Hack other than #1652. #1656, and #1658 were both eliminated. [Perhaps so they can later "improve service"?]

As expected, the 8:45 a.m.-9:00 p.m. departure from Spring Valley (tentatively #1640) was not added. Other than that, there are no gaps in the inbound direction, perhaps confirming that this is the best they can do.

On the outbound side, they eliminated the 11:00 p.m. train, instead favoring a 10:35 p.m. departure from Hoboken and a late-night, 12:43 a.m. train. I was a little surprised at this move.

Overall though, very nice schedule!

#455081  by M&Eman

Did Hasbrouck Heights make a fuss about service? Maybe thats why Teterboro is not a weekend stop. Even though the station is not in Hasbrouck Heights, the primary users of the stations live in the borough.

#455152  by northjerseybuff

Someone must be playing a joke..the new PVL schedule is now the current one on the NJT website? what gives?

#455153  by jersey_emt

northjerseybuff wrote:Someone must be playing a joke..the new PVL schedule is now the current one on the NJT website? what gives?
New one with off-peak service is up there now.
 #455193  by Douglas John Bowen

It's NJ-ARP's understanding that Hasbrouck Heights indeed is making a fuss, a pro-rail one, for better service, including on weekends. Hasbrouck Heights does not share the sentiments of the Pascack Valley "NIMBY 9."

But other factors are in play, putting weekend service on hold -- for the moment.
 #455299  by Steve F45

Douglas John Bowen wrote:It's NJ-ARP's understanding that Hasbrouck Heights indeed is making a fuss, a pro-rail one, for better service, including on weekends. Hasbrouck Heights does not share the sentiments of the Pascack Valley "NIMBY 9."

But other factors are in play, putting weekend service on hold -- for the moment.
on hold?
 #455306  by Douglas John Bowen

Postponed. Held back. Delayed pending further review. Subject to future plans transcending passing sidings.

Teterboro (Hasbrouck Heights) had been slated to be served on weekends per most other stations on the Pascack Valley Line. That original concept, or plan, or idea is ... on hold.

NJ-ARP's understanding is that, pending the resolution of other items, such weekend service will be offered at Teterboro (Hasbrouck Heights).

#455309  by northjerseybuff

Douglas, You speak very well! But often times you are confusing. What is being put on hold..the entire new service? or just the Hasbrouck Heights stop??
 #455313  by Douglas John Bowen

Our apologies. We thought our original missive clearly referred to Hasbrouck Heights, in response to a query by M&Eman. We did not mean to imply that weekend service for the entire Pascack Valley Line was or would be put on hold.

Apparently, we/I don't speak well enough. :-D

#455441  by Steve F45

DJB, i too thought the whole new service was on hold.

so just to clarify, teterboro will have service in 2 weeks?

#455554  by andy

FYI: Effective October 28, 2007, the MTA program "Guaranteed Ride Home" will be discontinued. It was in the current edition of "Mileposts West"

In the past, the program allowed people to get a train from GCT-Tarrytown and the MTA/NYS DOT would pick up the cost of the cab fare from Tarrytown to Rockland County.

#456079  by alewifebp

Any news so far on a ribbon cutting ceremony or the like?