Railroad Forums 

• PRSL at Dorothy, NJ

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#581355  by rrbluesman

I am making an effort to do some research into the PRSL/ACRR activity and station. I have found very little information and only one picture so far on it. I am doing this for a friend who grew up in Dorothy and remembers the trains, she would like to know more about what service was like, when service stopped, and so on. Can anyone assist?
 #607688  by rrbluesman

I never got a straight answer from the Weymouth/Dorothy historical society or very much from the administrative offices of Weymouth, so looking for help again. In about a week, I would like to make a pictoral board of the PRSL or it's predecessor railroads for an event that will be happening at the firehouse. Can anyone direct me to some pictures on the internet that are not on prslhs.com for pics of steam locomotives through the area?
 #607698  by JJMDiMunno

rrbluesman wrote:I never got a straight answer from the Weymouth/Dorothy historical society or very much from the administrative offices of Weymouth, so looking for help again. In about a week, I would like to make a pictoral board of the PRSL or it's predecessor railroads for an event that will be happening at the firehouse. Can anyone direct me to some pictures on the internet that are not on prslhs.com for pics of steam locomotives through the area?
It's not steam, but there's a photo of some RDC's heading through that area around 1980:

http://www.thebluecomet.com/prslRDCestmanor.jpg

I think that's gonna be about as good as you're going to get, unless someone else here has some of that stuff to pull out of their hat...

Mike DiMunno
 #607854  by Steam man

think that's gonna be about as good as you're going to get, unless someone else here has some of that stuff to pull out of their hat...

And from my hat,here's a picture extracted from some of my late father's 8mm films of the Seashore Lines. This is a shot of Reading Company G-3s #213 with a rake of mixed PRR and PRSL coaches making track speed with a Wildwood Extra in August 1955 in the Dorothy/Milmay area. You may use it with the caveat of credits being given to the photographer L.R.Avis. Sorry about the fuzzy quality,but this is about as good as you can get a still off old 8MM flim.