Railroad Forums 

• PRR roundhouse @ Ebenezer Railcar Buffalo

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1585543  by SST

A couple of years ago I strayed off of Union Rd onto Gemcor Rd to explore the grounds of the PRR roundhouse. I was surprised to see construction equipment clearing the land of trees on the eastern side of the roundhouse. I hung out for a few minutes and then I left. Last year I wasn't in the area but today I was and made sure I visited the roundhouse.

Wow, they put a huge building back in the clearing that they made. It has 3 entrances with each having its own track. Plus, a track each side of the building. My guess, its just a guess, this building could handle 12 railcars. I have no idea what's inside so my estimate could be way off of course.

On this page are several different aerial views including the roundhouse that I took in 1999. The area around the roundhouse will be a bit different today than compared to 1999. I called my friend to advise him of our next aerial adventure and as soon as repairs are completed, we'll be up to get the new pictures.
http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/trainthu ... fan/aerial
 #1585544  by SST

The new building.

Pano picture. The roundhouse is to the far right. I’m facing south.

BTW, Any info on Eastern Railway which was there back in 1999?