Railroad Forums 

• Proposed Erie Twp. Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#264419  by ToledoTerminalRy

Sorry I know this is actually in MI but no MI forum. So this question is directed more at the Toledoans. I have heard that US Rail wants to build an intermodal yard here. This is on CSX trackage correct? Why cant US Rail use Stanley Yard for its intermodal facility or even Toledo Yard? I know they are much smaller but ive heard Stanley's intermodal facility is getting bigger and updated track too!

P.S. I say no to eminent domain.

#264442  by nycrick

Its not CSX but CN (ex-D&TSL). CSX already has an intermodal facility at Walbridge. Based on the articles I've read in the paper I doubt that it'll happen anytime soon.

#264512  by railohio

nycrick wrote:CSX already has an intermodal facility at Walbridge.
That is now used for autos and not trailers or containers.