Railroad Forums 

• Preserved NYC locomotives

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#332581  by FL9AC

Larry's truck and Electric has SW900 ex NYC 8604

#474817  by NYCFan

Utica, NY March 2007
 #485511  by NYC4068

The U25B in Albany is 2510

What about the Baldwin sharks? Sotre din Michigan, I think in D&H paint still.

#489200  by Dieter

I thought the Sharks had all gone to the torch, even the D&H ones. No?

D?

#531533  by jentel

I know this post is a few months old but just to answer. The two remaining sharks are still in private store in Wells, Michigan on the E&LS. I do not think they have seen the light of day since the 1980's. The last known status was that they had mechanical problems but were stored inside.
 #580241  by NYC3001

I can remember reading someplace that one of the NYC GP-30s was being restored? I understand that after Penn Central renumbering, 2188 went to Long Fork Coal, and 2191 became Sprouse Creek Processing 2191. I wonder what condition they are in today?

Sincerely,

Ron
 #623588  by Otto Vondrak

StLouSteve wrote:Any NYC Beeliners (i.e. RDC Budds) extant--with or without motors?
A couple are at Green Mountain Railway at Bellows Falls, VT. Not sure if any of the NYSW Metro-North RDC's were ex-NYC. I know Metro-North scrapped three NYC RDC's in 1993.
 #627975  by lvrr325

Conrail derailed and wrecked a couple of MN, ex-NYC RDCs somewhere near Syracuse around... 1990-ish. One was scrapped by the CNY NRHS, and the other was sold or went on to whoever bought it at the time.

I believe at least one of the NYS&W cars was ex-NYC, too.
 #641974  by Otto Vondrak

ATK wrote:Close, but no doughnut.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=271869
LOL!! Oh... no... :-) Well, at least they tried to give more than a nod to the unit's NYC heritage.
 #653008  by Otto Vondrak

Rick Rowlands wrote:The NYC 513, a GE 70 tonner built in 1942 has been acquired by the Tod Engine Foundation and will be moved to Youngstown, OH as soon as the snow melts.

Cool site: http://www.todengine.org/home

Couldn't find info about the engine they saved...?