Railroad Forums 

• Pre 50s Terminal ailroad Informanton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#198547  by dbrown

My Grandfather was an Engineer for the Terminal Railroad prior t 1945. He lived in East St. Louis. Is there any way I can find out information about him or where he worked. Such as pictures of the facility?
 #198550  by jg greenwood

dbrown wrote:My Grandfather was an Engineer for the Terminal Railroad prior t 1945. He lived in East St. Louis. Is there any way I can find out information about him or where he worked. Such as pictures of the facility?
In the 60's the TRRA had more than 500 miles of trackage in the ESTL/STL area. There were four yards on the ESTL side that I can remember. Now, the TRRA yard at Madison, IL. is the only TRRA facility east of the river. Google earth would no doubt enable you to pinpoint the Madison yard. All the other yards on the east side are nothing but weed-fields now. I'm sure there's a TRRA historical society, might they have the info you're seeking?

#198579  by shlustig

There is a very active TRRA Historical Society.

They have published some very good issues explaining the TRRA system and the railroad network for the St. Louis gateway.

#199753  by route_rock

Mr Brown try the Railroad Retirement Board as well. I know some historical societies dont have specific info on employees but they will. Good luck in your search!