• Cars on the Ground-Old Town ME - 11-03-2011

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Tim Mullins

You know...It's bad enough for a siding on a branch line,...but for a main line, it's pretty sad...But when you file a law suit against a publication for telling the truth,it's down right disgusting...Pan Am doesn't want to admitt how bad things can get!
  by KSmitty

The section of line through OT seems to put lots of cars on the grounds. If I remember right, this was the area that they had issues with when the WASJ/SJWA trains started running, put several centerbeams in the Penobscot.

But the "main" north of NMJ is a really low density line. Besides OT-1 and BK-1, what runs on the line? SJWA or WASJ is about all I can think of. 1 train a day, not much compared to the line south of Waterville. Must be cheaper to clean up a few cars on the ground 1-2 times a year than to rebuild the section.