• Looking For The Sept '94 Issue of Model Railroader

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Cadet57

Just learned the Sept '94 issue had a layout article based on the Pioneer Valley RR. If someone happens to have that issue could it be possible for you to scan and post the track plan? I'd love to see if it can be adapted to HO.

Thanks!
  by CNJ999

As I recall, this was a relatively small O gauge switching layout made by Mike Tylick. While clever and well detailed for what it was (I saw it in person several times at the West Springfield show), it would only translate to something like an 18" x 80" shelf layout in HO scale. I have the indicated issue of MR in my collection, but cannot get to it for the moment.

CNJ999
  by Cadet57

CNJ999 wrote:As I recall, this was a relatively small O gauge switching layout made by Mike Tylick. While clever and well detailed for what it was (I saw it in person several times at the West Springfield show), it would only translate to something like an 18" x 80" shelf layout in HO scale. I have the indicated issue of MR in my collection, but cannot get to it for the moment.

CNJ999
Yeah, I saw scans of it on an Ebay auction, it said shelf layout in the contents. Was curious as to how close it was to PVRR ops at the time. May just buy the issue since it is cheap enough.