• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by bigblue5277

NJTArrow2 wrote: Nice shot!
Thanks Arrow!

This was a longer train so they didn't employ the GP-15. I saw CSX 1537 (GP-15) stopped in Jamesburg wednesday evening.
They've been deliverling some light loads to Freehold so it's good if they can save on fuel.
  by GSC

Great shot, bigblue.

Looks good seeing eight (?) cars on SA31 again.
  by RailsEast

Good shot, Jason; glad the sun cooperated after the effort to get to that spot!
  by bigblue5277

RailsEast wrote:Good shot, Jason; glad the sun cooperated after the effort to get to that spot!
Thanks a ton, Chris, GSC!
There was a lot of blue sky when I set out but man did those clouds start rolling in from the West.
  by NJT4115

bigblue5277 wrote:SA31 was a beaut today! Lots of clouds but the sun shined through at the right time.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2774410
Magnificent! Just a thought, is the Southern Secondary the freight line that breaks of the NJCL at Red Bank? (sorry I'm not good with freight lines)
  by blockline4180

Nice photos as always!
  by CJPat

NJT4115 wrote:
bigblue5277 wrote:SA31 was a beaut today! Lots of clouds but the sun shined through at the right time.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2774410
Magnificent! Just a thought, is the Southern Secondary the freight line that breaks of the NJCL at Red Bank? (sorry I'm not good with freight lines)
Yes
  by Jtgshu

That is a great shot! Its quite a dangerous hike to get out there tho........ ;)
  by bigblue5277

Jtgshu wrote:That is a great shot! Its quite a dangerous hike to get out there tho........ ;)
Thanks for the compliment. But it was no more dangerous then crossing the street.
  by southern sec. kid

Im hoping the Sa 31 comes today, I got boosted up to varsity football and every wednesday and thursday i have practice 5 30 to 9 and today i have none. so it will be the first time in a while i can actually see Sa 31.
  by Jtgshu

southern sec. kid wrote:Im hoping the Sa 31 comes today, I got boosted up to varsity football and every wednesday and thursday i have practice 5 30 to 9 and today i have none. so it will be the first time in a while i can actually see Sa 31.
Congrats on getting moved up to Varsity Football! Good job!
  by southern sec. kid

Jtgshu wrote:
southern sec. kid wrote:Im hoping the Sa 31 comes today, I got boosted up to varsity football and every wednesday and thursday i have practice 5 30 to 9 and today i have none. so it will be the first time in a while i can actually see Sa 31.
Congrats on getting moved up to Varsity Football! Good job!
Thanks, as a sophmore though its a pain everyones just pshycally bigger. We have one Varsity linemen who is 6 4 and about to push 300 pounds and most of it is muscle. Hes a tank, then im only 15 and 6 foot and 220 so as fun as it is, I come home every night alot more bruised up and sore!
  by southern sec. kid

Just heard a k5la near collingwood